If you are a movie maniac and love watching movies at home by downloading them from downloadfur you would read terms like Bluray , CAM, Webrip, BRRip, BDRip, DvdRip, HDTV, Web-DL etc in their daily lives, you should be knowing that all these are different types of pirated movie release formats.
- BRRip – Its a DVD format for the storage of HD and UHD video and data, designed to supersede the DVD format, called BD (BlueRay disk)
- BDRip – term used for same format encoded directly from the BluRay disk, not equivalent to BD but better than DVD in 720p/1080p formats
- CAMRip – Its a movie recorded in theater; also called theater rip usually done with a digital video camera
- DVDRip – Copy of movie ripped from DVD having similar or lesser resolution
- HDRip – ripped from HD movie
- HDTV – movie recorded from content aired on HD television
- WebRip – Content ripped from a non-DRM streaming service, such as Hulu, Crunchyroll or WWE Network. Similar quality as WEB-DL
- WEB–DL – This is a movie or TV show downloaded via an on-line distribution website (web download), such as iTunes. The quality is quite good since they are not re-encoded. An advantage with these releases is that they mostly have no network logos on screen, just like BD/DVDRips.
- Asian Silvers / PDVD – Silvers are very cheap and easily available in a lot of countries, and its easy to put out a release. PDVDs are the same thing pressed onto a DVD.